The NodeXL Excel 2007 template displays a network graph using edge and vertex lists stored in an Excel 2007 workbook.
This version includes some layout improvements, stores autofill settings in the workbook, allows a vertex's adjacent vertices to be selected by double-clicking the vertex, and reactivates registration for the NodeXL mailing list. See the Complete NodeXL Release History
Follow these steps to install and use the template:
- Download the Zip file.
- Unzip it into any folder. Use WinZip or a similar program, or just right-click the Zip file in Windows Explorer and select "Extract All."
- Close Excel.
- Run Setup.exe. You need to be an administrator to do this. (You don't need to be an administrator to actually use the NodeXL template once it's installed, however.) If this is the first Excel 2007 template you've installed, the setup will install some Microsoft prerequisites. These are the Microsoft. .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1, the Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies, and the Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for the Office System 3.0 Runtime Service Pack 1.
- Delete the unzipped files. They're no longer needed.
- Use the template. In the Windows Start menu, click "All Programs" (Windows 7 or Vista) or "Programs" (XP), then "Microsoft NodeXL," then "Excel 2007 Template."
- Windows 7, Vista, or XP. (Will also work within Parallels Desktop and VMware Fusion on the Mac.)
- Office 2007. (Might also work with Office 2010 Beta, but NodeXL does not officially support this yet.)
Please see the Complete NodeXL Release History