Samples and labels

Feb 4, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to use the classes in C# windows applications. I can draw a graph, but I don't know how to create the labels for the vertices.

And are there sample applications anywhere? I can't seem to find them.

Greetings,

Jasper

Feb 4, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Jasper:

In the NodeXLApi.chm help file that was included in the download, look up the "NodeXLControl Class" topic.  Within the topic is a sample application that adds a vertex of shape Label, which is a box with text inside, and another vertex of shape Disk that gets annotated with a label drawn outside the vertex.  Look for the comment "Annotate vertex C with text that is drawn outside the vertex."

-- Tony

Feb 4, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Great, thanks!

Mar 1, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Hi,

I have similar problem as I do not see the names/lables for the vertices and I am unable to find the NodeXLApi.chm help file in the download. Can you still help?

MMP123

Mar 1, 2010 at 5:28 PM

MMP123:

The previous poster was a programmer trying to get labels to show in his custom application.  Are you creating a custom application using the NodeXL class libraries, or just using the NodeXL Excel template to create network graphs in Excel?  In either case, please see my February 15 reply within the "no labels showing up" discussion:

http://nodexl.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=85328

-- Tony