embed Nodexl task pane in c#.net panel

Jan 19, 2010 at 4:39 AM
Edited Jan 19, 2010 at 4:40 AM

Hello,

Can we embed the task pane that shows graph inside the panel of the C#.net?

As far as i know and if i am right the taskpane is bind with workbook and the ribbon.

without binding with these, i want to use this task pane and its properties to read the data from any user given excel file(of course similar to template) and plot the graph.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Pasa

Jan 19, 2010 at 4:51 AM

Pasa:

NodeXL's graph pane uses a custom Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) control called NodeXLControl that is not tied to Excel.  You can use the control in your own WPF or Windows Forms applications, whether they are related to Excel or not.

For details, see the latest "NodeXL Class Libraries" download on the Downloads tab.

-- Tony

Jan 19, 2010 at 5:17 AM

Thanks for the reply "Tony".

I have gone through the NodeXL Control. I have also drawn some sample graph reading data from excel and also from database. It works great.

I am just curious to use the Taskpane provided in source code of Excel Template inside c# panel with out ribbon and workbook.

Even if i start using NodeXL Control i think i end up making some user control similar to that TaskPane.So, i thought utilizing that Taskpane might save some time. What you say? :-)

Thanks once again.

Regards

Pasa

Jan 19, 2010 at 5:47 AM

Pasa:

The TaskPane.cs code is closely tied to the Excel workbook and ribbon.  I don't think that it can be reused.  You are probably better off creating your own user control instead.

-- Tony

Jan 19, 2010 at 6:48 AM

Thanks Tony

For your help