Can't undock the graph pane

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:22 AM

Recently the graph pane snapped into a side to side L-R position, taking up the whole app window crosswise, with the worksheet forced below the pane instead of next to it. I couldn't unshake it. I tried

• click/dragging from the Document Actions corner; the double arrow moved, but the pane didn't drag after it
  • changing the Size and Move marks in the little Task Pane options drop-down in the upper right corner of the pane:: lots of dramatic vertical shifting, but nothing horizontal
  • resizing the application window to give purchase to the horizontal cursor: the app Window moved across the desktop but the pane window did not move separately.

TIA for any suggestions.

Don W.

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:34 AM

The dragging behavior of the graph pane is very finicky and doesn't work like other windows.  (The pane is actually a part of Excel, not NodeXL, so I don't have to take the blame for this one.)  When I duplicated your scenario, I found that I had to drag the graph pane all the way down into the worksheet below before I could get any dragging feedback.  Until I moved the mouse a long distance, absolutely nothing happened.  Try that.

-- Tony

Jan 19, 2010 at 4:17 AM
First try golden: the pane moved. Stay tuned.

Really appreciate how FAST the response was.

Don W
Donald Weightman
(cell) 202 997-3290