Import problem apparently related to Pathnames on 64-bit machine

Nov 10, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Hi -

I'm working through the NodeXL tutorial, and am having a problem importing files. Judging from the stack trace, it looks like it's looking in 

C:/Program Files/Microsoft Research/Microsoft NodeXL Excel Template/Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.vsto

But I'm using a 64-bit machine, which apparently segregates it program files into c:/Program Files/ and C:/Program Files (x86). The file it's looking for is in the -(x86) directory. Is there some configuration setting I can change to point it in the right place?

Much Obliged,

Nov 10, 2009 at 7:56 PM
Edited Nov 10, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Eric:

This is a known bug in NodeXL's setup program.  It arises when you attempt to open a NodeXL workbook that was created with another machine on which NodeXL was installed into a different folder.  To work around it, use NodeXL, Data, Import, Convert Old Workbook to open the workbook from the NodeXL tutorial.  Convert Old Workbook exists for a different reason, but it also happens to fix the problem you've run into.

This is near the top of my bug list, but it's a difficult problem with a lot of side effects and I haven't yet figured out a good fix.

-- Tony

Nov 10, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Looks like that did the trick.

Thanks!