Download all RTs of a tweet?

Nov 21, 2016 at 9:55 AM
Hi all,

Is there a way to download all retweets of a specific tweet? For example, I have a dataset of the last 3,200 tweets from one account. I have ranked these by number of retweets and what would now be really helpful is being able to download a collection of all of those retweets. I have tried to use the search function for downlaoding, copying in the tweet text or the retweet ID but to no avail.

Thanks.
Nov 29, 2016 at 9:19 AM
Just wanted to bump this one up the list a bit - has anyone had any experience on NodeXL of trying to collect all retweets of a tweet? What I'm basically looking to do is trace the dispersal of tweets across Twitter. How widespread was a given tweet? Who was influential in communicating the tweet out to others where it was retweeted further? And so on...
Coordinator
Nov 29, 2016 at 2:39 PM
Hello,

thank you for your interest in NodeXL!

Right now it is not possible to get the retweets of a Tweet, but we are working on that because it is a core part in the next feature of NodeXL: Path. We are facing some problems with Twitter API because they don't give all the data and they do not give the intermediary retweets so we are looking on ways to overcome these problems.

Please stay tuned as this is a current work item and we may release it in the upcoming weeks!

Regards,
Arber
Marked as answer by arber on 11/29/2016 at 7:39 AM
Dec 5, 2016 at 1:20 PM
Hi Arber,

Thanks for the reply - sounds like we're on the same wavelength! I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out, I'll keep an eye out!

Regards,

Wil
Jan 12 at 10:26 AM
Hi Arber,

I've just been looking at the update to NodeXL Pro containing the Paths feature. I don't suppose you would be able to give an example of how best to use this feature? I was not quite sure which columns I should be selecting for the edge/parent creation...

Regards,

Wil