Importing the data to nodexl

Nov 19, 2016 at 2:49 PM
Hi everyone,
I am doing a PhD and focus on online communities. I would like to do social network anaysis about a case study which is the reprap project. I have reprap mailing list archives but I cannot import the data to nodexl. The link of the archives is here. http://reprap.org/pipermail/reprap-dev/. I want to focus on the interaction of developers and users of the reprap project by means of nodexl. What can I do to deal with this problem? is it possible that mailing list archive import to nodexl? if you make recommendations, I will appreciate.
Thank you,
Yilmaz
Coordinator
Nov 22, 2016 at 6:12 PM
Edited Nov 22, 2016 at 6:13 PM
Hello!

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL!

NodeXL does not yet have an importer that will directly read the email files you want to study.

NodeXL can analyze email that has been imported into an Exchange Server or into a local email client on Windows (Outlook for example).

If you can get the email into the Windows Desktop, NodeXL can import email networks via the Windows Search Index.

Alternatively, it looks like you need a Python developer who can read, parse and write an "Edge List" flat file.

An Edge List for email might be:
 Sender (email address), Receiver (email address), Relationship Type (To, Reply, CC), Date, Subject, Message
Regards,

Marc
Marked as answer by MarcSmith on 11/22/2016 at 11:17 AM