Unable to register my Version of NodeXL Pro

Oct 24, 2016 at 3:25 PM
Hey,
last week a purchased the academic-licence für NodeXL Pro. Today I wanted to register this version on a PC which has already installed the trial version of NodeXL Pro.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to find the option to register my version. Normally, the window with registration comes with the first startup of the software. So I tried do reinstall NodeXL, but the trial version is still active - there is no window for registration.

Should I wait until the trial has expired and register my academic licence then?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Patrick
Oct 24, 2016 at 7:51 PM
Hello!

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL!

NodeXL has been split into two versions: NodeXL Basic and NodeXL Pro.

NodeXL Basic is positioned as a browser for files created with NodeXL Pro.

In order to run NodeXL Pro, please uninstall NodeXL Basic. Then install the NodeXL Pro application from http://nodexlgraphgallery.org/Pages/Registration.aspx

Some users have an issue that blocks reinstall of NodeXL Pro after an upgrade from NodeXL Basic. This issue can be resolved - please go to the following path before installing NodeXL Pro:

C:\Users__[user_profile]__\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0

You should see two folders: one named Data and another folder with a strange name, that is where the old NodeXL is stored.

Please delete the folder with the strange name and try reinstalling NodeXL Pro.

You will be able to read any workbooks you have created in older versions of NodeXL or new versions of NodeXL Pro in NodeXL Basic.

Regards,

Marc
Marked as answer by MarcSmith on 10/24/2016 at 11:51 AM
Oct 25, 2016 at 12:31 PM
Edited Oct 25, 2016 at 12:32 PM
Hi Marc,
thx for your answer.

I have uninstalled NodeXL Pro (Test-licence) and I've deleted the 'strange-named' folder. After that I've installed NodeXL Pro but when I open NodeXL Pro the old registration is still active - see attached screenshot. What can I do to run my purchased version?

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ahd48nuYA2iUn6JnuOAtt5Gdh67akw
Regards,
Patrick
Oct 25, 2016 at 3:07 PM
Hi Patrick,

to use your new license you have to copy it on top of the old one and replace it.

If you can't find the old license file, please send an e-mail to info@smrfoundation.org and we will send instructions on how you can find it.

Regards,
Arber