Date and Time import of Fan Page comments

Jun 5 at 8:00 PM
Hello everyone,

Couldn't find a post with the same problem, so I decided to open a new thread.

I'm a MBA student, and for my project I need to import the LA Lakers fan page comments combined with the date and time they were posted, this is a must for me in order to commit the analysis I need.

But I just don't get how to do get these details.

Please help me out, I'm going bananas here.

P.s- I have the NodeXL Pro version
Jun 7 at 9:50 AM
Anyone?
Coordinator
Jun 8 at 4:42 PM
Hello,

thank you for your interest in NodeXL!

In the "Edges" worksheet there is a "Time" column at the end which holds the date and time of the comment (or post if they are included in the network). Time is included only for edges with relationship type "Commented Comment" and "Commented Post". Likes do not have a time attribute.

Regards,
Arber
Jun 18 at 10:18 AM
Edited Jun 19 at 2:40 PM
Arber thank you for your response.

Once I imported the facebook fan page(LA Lakers) and enabled the following:
"Network"->"Vertices(User)"->"Relationship(Comment)"->"Create an edge between(Commenter and comment author)"->"Download Post Between"

I made a test for the last 24 hours and after an hour or so it finished with the Time column at the Edge sheet, that was great.

But when I tried to download the entire NBA 2015-2016 season dates (27-Oct-15 to 17-June-16)- Step 2(Downloading comments) got slowish since its trying to download 413k~ of comments.

It's been a day passed now and yet it downloaded only 40k~ comments, that's crazy, at this time table it will take around another 5 days to finish with step 2 only.

Any other option for me to get the time of comments without downloading the comments itself?

Basically, what I am trying to achieve for my academic research is, if fans tend to be more active on the team facebook fan page during/before/after games, so I could know when to push the commercials.

Can you or anyone help me out with this?

Best regards,
Yehonatan
Jun 20 at 5:15 AM
Bump
Coordinator
Jun 20 at 7:28 AM
Hello!

It sounds like downloading the complete data set in one pass is creating an in-progress data set too large for memory.

Can you try downloading shorter slices of the data?

You may be able to analyze each slice separately and aggregate the results rather than trying to download and analyze the complete time period.

You may also consider limiting the total number of comments that NodeXL will download per post to avoid trying to collect some potentially VERY LARGE sets of comments.

Regards,

Marc
Jun 20 at 1:04 PM
Hi Marc,

Thank you for the advice, but already trying this.
Though I do get to see at last the results (3 months out of 9 as been downloaded) it's still slow to me.
Wish there was a way to get the comment metadata without it's content.

Kind regards,
Yehonatan