A version for Win8+Excel16...

Apr 29 at 9:14 AM
Hello everyone,
I've learned a bit NodeXL at school and am very impressed by its simplicity and power. I downloaded NodeXL in my laptop to explore more at home. However, I've tried several times, template successfully installed (according to the notification), but nothing appeared on my Excel. Nowhere can I find it either in my laptop.
I've read the comments and realized the problem probably lies on the version of Excel. I have a version of 2016 and a system of Windows 8. Is the latest version of NodeXL compatible with them? Which version can I use in order to download it successfully?
Thanks a lot for any reply!
Dianzhuo
Coordinator
May 2 at 6:04 PM
Hello!

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL!

Can you have a look in the Windows Start menu > All Apps > "N" > is there a NodeXL Excel Template file there?

If so, try right-clicking and select "Pin to Start Menu".

If not, let's connect via email and we can arrange to troubleshoot with you directly.

Regards,

Marc
May 4 at 7:01 AM
Hello Marc,
Thanks for the quick reply!
I've searched on my laptop as you suggested. Most of the files containing NodeXL as key word are located here:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\RVLZAEEG.5WJ\NP111303.TAG\smrf..vsto_91729be392989ec5_0001.0000_083bdb81b1bad762
I just found a .ddl and a .chm doc named template. Some .exe docs (GraphML File Processor, Network Server) found, but none can run separately. They all came from my clicking of the template setup file.
My hypothesis is that NodeXL is installed partially on my laptop, but some parts not working because of the incompatibility of the system Excel 16, so that it couldn't appear on my Excel file.
I'd like to know if you have a version compatible to the latest Excel, thanks!
Regards,
Dianzhuo