NodeXL Pro: Problem with Twitter search network top items

Jan 25 at 6:22 PM
Hi
I keep getting the following error message when I use the "Twitter search network top items" function in the "Graph metrics" menu and urgentlly need advice on how to fix this
Many thanks.

Martina

NodeXL

An unexpected problem occurred. If it occurs again, please copy the details to the clipboard by typing Ctrl-C, then post the details to http://www.codeplex.com/NodeXL/Thread/List.aspx.

Details:

[IndexOutOfRangeException]: Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs.

bei Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.TwitterSearchNetworkTopItemsCalculator2.FilterAndReformatWordMetrics(Int32& iTableIndex, GraphMetricColumn[] oWordMetricColumns, List1 oAllGroupEdgeInfos, List1 oGraphMetricColumns)

bei Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.TwitterSearchNetworkTopItemsCalculator2.TryAddColumnsForWordsAndWordPairs(Int32& iTableIndex, IGraph oGraph, List1 oAllGroupEdgeInfos, CalculateGraphMetricsContext oCalculateGraphMetricsContext, List1 oGraphMetricColumns)

bei Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.TwitterSearchNetworkTopItemsCalculator2.TryCalculateTopItemAndGroupMetrics(IGraph oGraph, CalculateGraphMetricsContext oCalculateGraphMetricsContext, List1 oGraphMetricColumns)

bei Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.TwitterSearchNetworkTopItemsCalculator2.TryCalculateGraphMetricsInternal(IGraph oGraph, CalculateGraphMetricsContext oCalculateGraphMetricsContext, List
1 oGraphMetricColumns)

bei Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.TopItemsCalculatorBase2.TryCalculateGraphMetrics(IGraph graph, CalculateGraphMetricsContext calculateGraphMetricsContext, GraphMetricColumn[]& graphMetricColumns)

bei Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.GraphMetricCalculationManager.CalculateGraphMetricsAsyncInternal(CalculateGraphMetricsAsyncArgs oCalculateGraphMetricsAsyncArgs, BackgroundWorker oBackgroundWorker, DoWorkEventArgs oDoWorkEventArgs)

bei Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.GraphMetricCalculationManager.BackgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

bei System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)

bei System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

OK

Coordinator
Jan 26 at 11:43 AM
Hello,

can you please share the dataset with us so we can debug? Please e-mail it to arberceni@smrfoundation.org

Regards,
Arber
Jan 28 at 11:21 AM
Hi

As requested I have just send my data set over and hope you will be able to help me fix the problem soon.

Many thanks.

Best wishes
Martina
Coordinator
Jan 28 at 1:24 PM
Hello Martina,

I got your file. It looks like the workbook somehow got corrupted. To fix it please follow these steps:
  1. Delete "Word" and "Word Pairs" sheets
  2. Click on "Graph Metrics" and select "Group metrics" and "Word and word pairs" beside the other metrics that you have already selected.
  3. Click "Options" when selecting "Word and word pairs" and select "Tweet" as column to count words for.
  4. Click "OK" and "Calculate Metrics"
This should successfully calculate all the metrics. If you have trouble following these steps tell me so I can send you the fixed workbook.

Regards,
Arber
Jan 29 at 11:14 AM
Hello Arber,

Many thanks for getting back so quickly.
I followed your instructions but that doesn't seem to solve the problem as I keep getting the same error message.
Do you have any other ideas what could be the problem?

Best wishes
Martina