Vertex IDs not visible

Aug 9, 2009 at 3:38 AM

I have tried both versions 1.0.1.89 and 1.0.1.90 and I have also ensured that the "what to show" column contains ImageID. I verified the ImageID is present...but I still don't see the vertex Ids on the graph. Is this a bug or I need to do something. One thing I noticed in both versions is that the Primary Label Column does not exist. I don't think this should be a problem since I am selecting the Image Id to be displayed.

Anyone experience this before?

Thanks.

Aug 9, 2009 at 7:44 PM

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here.  What do you mean by "vertex ID"?  There is actually something called a vertex ID, contained in a hidden column on the Vertices worksheet, but it's not anything you would typically be concerned with.

Are you attempting to show a vertex as an image instead of a shape?  If so, here's how to do it.  (You can also find these instructions by hovering the mouse over the "Image ID" column header in the Images worksheet.)

1. In the Images worksheet, enter an arbitrary, unique ID for your image: "Image1", for example.

2. In the same row of the Images worksheet, enter the path to your image: "C:\MyImages\Image1.jpg", for example.

3. In the Vertices worksheet, enter "Image1" in the "Image ID" cell of the vertex row for which you want to show the image.

4. Click Refresh Graph.

Your image should appear in the graph pane in place of the shape that was there before.

You do not need to fill in the "What to Show" column unless you want to change the default order in which NodeXL looks for a shape, primary label, or image ID.  (In fact, that's the default order.)  Hover over "What to Show" for details.

The label columns, including "Primary Label," are hidden by default.  To show them, use NodeXL, Show/Hide, Workbook Columns.

-- Tony