No edge when relationship is 'mentions'

Nov 20, 2015 at 10:27 PM
Hello there
I wanted to ask why the graph doesn't show an edge between two vertices if the relationships says 'mentions'?
What confuses me is that in one of my templates there is an edge when the relationships says 'mentions' and in another template there is no edge? I tried to play around with the autofill columns but there was no edge to be seen. And the the settings are the same of these two templates.

Thank you for your help!
Coordinator
Nov 20, 2015 at 10:36 PM
Hello!

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL!

Can you contact me directly and share the workbook?

All edges should be displayed - unless they are marked as "Skip" (or "0") in the "Visibility" column in the Edges worksheet.

A Vertex can also be marked for Visibility = "Skip". If a vertex is in an edge, and it is "Skipped" then the edge it is in will not be displayed.

Regards,

Marc
Nov 20, 2015 at 10:44 PM
Dear Marc thank you for helping me out again!

What does that mean: if a vertex is an edge it will not be displayed? I attached the mentioned workbook
Many thanks and kind regards Viviane

2015-11-20 23:36 GMT+01:00 MarcSmith <[email removed]>:

Hello!

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL!

Can you contact me directly and share the workbook?

All edges should be displayed - unless they are marked as "Skip" (or "0") in the "Visibility" column in the Edges worksheet.

A Vertex can also be marked for Visibility = "Skip". If a vertex is in an edge, and it is "Skipped" then the edge it is in will not be displayed.

Regards,

Marc

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2015 at 11:03 PM
If a vertex is not visible, the edge it is in will also not be visible.

Can you email me the workbook? marc at smrfoundation dot org

Regards,

Marc