If you get: 'An unexpected problem occurred...'

Oct 23, 2015 at 11:41 AM
Hi all.

I was initially about to post this looking for help on what to do but have now resolved the issue by simply closing another open NodeXL document (quite a big one) and restarting NodeXL. I had been attempting to run an import from Twitter search network (basic settings, one hashtag to search for, 18,000 tweet limit) and received the following message one three consecutive attempts:

[OutOfMemoryException]: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

at System.String.CtorCharArrayStartLength(Char[] value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.get_Value()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(Stream inStream)
at Smrf.NodeXL.Adapters.GraphMLGraphAdapter.LoadGraphCore(Stream stream)
at Smrf.NodeXL.Adapters.GraphAdapterBase.LoadGraphFromStream(Stream stream)
at Smrf.NodeXL.Adapters.GraphAdapterBase.LoadGraphFromFile(String filename)
at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.PlugInManager.TryGetGraphFromGraphDataProvider(Object graphDataProvider, IGraph& graph)
at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.ThisWorkbook.ImportFromGraphDataProvider(Object graphDataProvider)

(I had to write this report manually as the window would not let me copy the text!)

I just thought I would post it just in case anyone experiences the same. I guess the lesson is only work with one big document at a time or it seems the graph pane (perhaps) has problems.

Oct 24, 2015 at 2:59 PM

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL.

That message indicates that your system has run out of memory.

Can you run a smaller data set or move to a larger machine?

Oct 26, 2015 at 6:48 AM

I am receiving the following error:

An unexpected problem occurred. If it occurs again, please copy the details to the clipboard by typing Ctrl-C, then post the details to http://www.codeplex.com/NodeXL/Thread/List.aspx.

[COMException]: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800AC472

at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application.Intersect(Range Arg1, Range Arg2, Object Arg3, Object Arg4, Object Arg5, Object Arg6, Object Arg7, Object Arg8, Object Arg9, Object Arg10, Object Arg11, Object Arg12, Object Arg13, Object Arg14, Object Arg15, Object Arg16, Object Arg17, Object Arg18, Object Arg19, Object Arg20, Object Arg21, Object Arg22, Object Arg23, Object Arg24, Object Arg25, Object Arg26, Object Arg27, Object Arg28, Object Arg29, Object Arg30)

at Smrf.AppLib.ExcelUtil.TryIntersectRanges(Range range1, Range range2, Range& intersection)

at Smrf.AppLib.ExcelTableUtil.TryGetTableColumnData(ListColumn column, Range& tableColumnData)

at Smrf.AppLib.ExcelTableUtil.TryGetTableColumnData(ListObject table, String columnName, Range& tableColumnData)

at Smrf.AppLib.ExcelTableUtil.TryGetTableColumnDataAndValues(ListObject table, String columnName, Range& tableColumnData, Object[,]& tableColumnDataValues)

at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.SheetHelper.TryGetValuesInAllRows[TValue](String sColumnName, TryGetValueFromCell1 oTryGetValueFromCell, Dictionary2& oValueDictionary)

at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.SheetHelper.TryGetAllRowIDs(Dictionary2& rowIDDictionary)

at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.SheetHelper.SetLocations[TLocationInfo](ICollection
1 locationInfo, Rectangle graphRectangle, String xColumnName, String yColumnName, String lockedColumnName, TryGetRowIDAndLocation1 tryGetRowIDAndLocation)

at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.Sheet2.ThisWorkbook_GraphLaidOut(Object sender, GraphLaidOutEventArgs e)

at System.EventHandler
1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)

at Smrf.AppLib.EventUtil.FireEvent[TEventArgs](Object sender, TEventArgs e, EventHandler`1 eventHandler)

at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.ThisWorkbook.ForwardEvent[TEventArgs](TEventArgs e, EventHandler`1 oEventHandler)

Oct 26, 2015 at 1:26 PM
Hello AdamRosenberg,

did you have two NodeXL workbooks opened at the same time? If that is the case please close one of them and try performing the same task with a single workbook opened.