Nodexl Pro

Oct 14, 2015 at 3:21 PM

I want to buy Nodexl Pro. I have register in the page; I have pay 29,00USD$ four a student license . But I didn´t rreceive the license code and I can't find download the Pro version off Nodexl.

Can someone help me?

Paula Ribeiro
Oct 14, 2015 at 3:52 PM

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL Pro!

We are working through some technical issues.

Please check back in 90 minutes - we should have everything back in order and ready for your purchase at that time.

Sorry for the inconvenience! We are a small team doing big things!

Oct 14, 2015 at 4:06 PM
Hello, Marc!

Thank you for your answer.

But I've done the license purchase for students.

The problem is that I have not received by email the license file, taht is request on the update NodeXL:

When I open the nodexl the following message appears:
"To activate copy of NodeXL Pro please select the NodeXL registration license file. This file was sento to you via email when you registered your copy of NodeXL Pro. You may also place this file in any accessible directory (the file can may currently be in your dowload directory). You may want to create a special folder to hold the nodeXl Pro license key file - this can be a good way to ensure the file is not moved or deleted."

I should not have already received this file?

Paula Ribeiro
Oct 14, 2015 at 4:47 PM
Hello, again.

I have receive the license file.
I follow the email's instructions, but did this message appears and I can not open the nodexlpro

"You have reached the maximum allowed number of offline opnes"

What should I do?
Oct 14, 2015 at 9:18 PM
Today I got a message, when I opened the NodeX,L saying that to access more features should get the NodeXL Pro.

I went to your page and tried to get the license for student. When I was finalizing the purchase, appeared a blank page and I didn?t received a confirmation email.

Then I made new purchase and received confirmation email.

Later I received two emails with two license files. But none of licenses work and gives error ( I was log on to the internet):

In addition, the program has locked and would not let me open the excel. I had to uninstall NodeXL, to excel back up and running.

At this time, I bought two licenses oand none fom them works and NodeXL doesn't works either.

I would like to know what should I do - I spent my money to have the program.

Oct 15, 2015 at 12:11 AM
Hello Paula,

thank you for using NodeXL Pro!

NodeXL Pro must be able to connect to the internet in order to validate the license, otherwise it will not run after a certain number of offline opens and that is why you are getting the error message. If you are online then your firewall must be blocking NodeXL from communicating. I suggest you add an exception for Excel in your firewall or disable it when you first open NodeXL. If you have problems adding an exception for NodeXL please reply to this e-mail and give us the type of firewall and operating system you are using so we can assist you.

Oct 15, 2015 at 11:08 AM
Hello Arber

I disable the firewall and did not result.

This time a new problem appers. The box in wich we should choose the license path doesn´t appears and the following message of error show up:
"You have reached the maximum allowed number of offline opens".

After this excel crashed. I had to uninstall NodeXL, otherwise excel does not work.

At this point, I don´t have any version of nodexl install and have two license.

1. which version of Nodexl should I install to see the window "Choose the path of the license"
  2. which of the two licenses should I use? I've tried both and both gave error
Paula Ribeiro
Oct 15, 2015 at 11:38 AM
Hello, again.

I've been reading the discussions in the forum. In one of the discussions, MarcSmith gave this link to download NodeXL Pro :

I did the download and installed. When I opened the NodeXL appeared a window with the same message "You have reached the maximum allowed number of offline opens".

Is it because I have received two licenses? and have tested the two licenses (both have error)?

Paula Ribeiro
Oct 16, 2015 at 5:09 AM
Hi I am also having the same problems installing NodeXL, and I am receiving the same error message. I am trying to install a student license on my computer at University so I am wondering if there is a problem either negotiating out of the enterprise environment or is it seeing similar licenses across the enterprise and shutting down?

I have two major graduate assignments due in the next month that depend heavily on Nodexl, as the course is built around using the product. I have been able to do the basic download of the data but I can no longer do any analysis.

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:39 PM
Hello Patrick

I could only install the program at home, because I could turn off the firewall and my internet has no restrictions.

The university has a restricted network. To install the Nodexl Pro you should contact your network administrator to allow NodeXL to reach the server (some firewalls block the ICMPv6 protocol which is used to ping the server).

You should also delete a file that was created in previous installation attempts:

a. C:\Users[user_profile]\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0
b. You should see two folders: one named Data and another folder with a strange name, that is where old NodeXL is stored.
c. Please delete the folder with the strange name.

Paula Ribeiro
Oct 29, 2015 at 1:30 AM
Hello all,

the new version of NodeXL ( ) launched on 23rd of October doesn't make use of the ICMP protocol to check for online status so your firewall should not block it anymore and it should work fine. If NodeXL didn't update itself please download it form here