NodeXL Basic install error

Oct 13, 2015 at 7:02 PM
I had an install of "Old" NodeXL that worked fine (thanks!). I wanted to install the new NodeXL Basic. So I uninstalled my "Old" NodeXL, downloaded the NodeXLBasicExcelTemplate2014Setup.exe and ran it.
I am getting an error:
"Unable to install this application because an application with the same identity is already installed. To install this application, either modify the manifest version for this application or uninstall the preexisting application."
There is more to the error; I can provide the Exception Text which starts at "Microsoft.VisualStudio....InstallAddIn()"

But I already uninstalled my existing NodeXL install, so I'm not sure what else to do. Can anyone help? Running Windows 7 Enterprise Service Pack 1 64-bit
Thank you!
John B
Coordinator
Oct 13, 2015 at 7:10 PM
Hello!

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL!

Sorry for the problem you are having moving from NodeXL Pro to NodeXL Basic.

We are aware of the issue and have a fix, described in this post: https://nodexl.codeplex.com/discussions/646168

Please let me know if that resolves your issue. We should have a fix soon that resolves this problem.

Regards,

Marc
Marked as answer by JBergin1 on 10/13/2015 at 11:27 AM
Oct 13, 2015 at 7:29 PM
Thanks Marc,
I went over to your other thread and that fixed the install NodeXL Basic problem, i.e., removing the funny folder manually fixed the problem.
Thanks for your help and Good Luck with NodeXL Pro!
John B