How to Activate Pro

Oct 9, 2015 at 7:19 PM
Hello,

I just got the Pro License for students and installed a copy of NodeXL on my HP Laptop running Windows 7. I already had a basic version of Office installed, and did not have an older copy of NodeXL on this computer. I followed the directions in the email to place the license file, and discovered that while NodeXL is in my start menu, Microsoft Research did not exist in appdata\local\ so I created a folder with that name, then created the folder NodeXLExcel2007Template, renamed the file as directed and placed it in there. There's only one user on this computer and I went through my user file. When I run NodeXL it still looks like the basic version.
Did I do something wrong or is this a problem because I'm trying to do it before October 12?
Thanks,

Alex
Coordinator
Oct 9, 2015 at 11:10 PM
Hello!

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL Pro!

NodeXL will update to NodeXL Pro on Monday, October 12, 2015.

When NodeXL Pro is present on your desktop, you will be able to place the license file in the updated directory.

When the license file is in place, the NodeXL Pro application will operate.

We hope the transition to NodeXL Pro will go smoothly, but we will be standing by on Monday to help users through the process. Feel free to post, Tweet, or message the NodeXL team for any assistance you need.

Regards,

Marc