Fail to Import Youtube Data

Jun 7, 2015 at 1:11 AM
When i was trying to import data of any kind (either option in NodeXL), a message popped up and said "The network couldn't be obtained. Details: NoLongerAvailableException".

Can anyone help me solve this problem? Thanks!
Coordinator
Jun 7, 2015 at 5:03 PM
Hello!

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL!

Could you check the version number of the NodeXL instance you are using? I suspect your copy may be out of date.

If it is not 336 or better, please Uninstall and then download and reinstall the latest version.

If you are running the latest version, please share the query term and we will check if the problem occurs here as well.

Regards,

Marc
Jun 7, 2015 at 11:40 PM
Hi Marc, it is version 336 and I just tried to uninstall and install it again. It still is not working. Importing from Twitter works fine. I didn't try Flickr.

I'm using Windows 8 and Office 2013(64bit).

I had this problem (https://nodexl.codeplex.com/discussions/544279) when I installed it and emailed you about it. I solved this problem by deleting the config file and I'm not sure whether the deletion has something to do this error.

Thanks!
Jun 16, 2015 at 11:42 PM
Hi Marc, I updated my NodeXL to the latest release and it seems the problem w/ Youtube and Facebook import persist. I have recorded my screen so you can see what is happening. The link is not publicly listed in Youtube, only viewable through directly link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Ii6dAv6F0

I'm using Win8, Office 2013(Office is a Simplied Chinese version). I also have tried on my desktop that runs on Win7 and Office 2007 (English version), the results are the same.

Thank you very much!

Xi
Coordinator
Jun 17, 2015 at 12:36 AM
Hello!

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL.

I am sorry you are having problems importing data from YouTube and Facebook.

You may find that NodeXL will automatically update next time you run it. We have updated the project and now ship with the Facebook importer built into the main project the same way the Twitter, flickr, and YouTube Importers are.

Please try to import from Facebook using this version.

This version does not address the YouTube issue you are having and we will investigate that and get back to you.

Regards,

Marc
Jun 17, 2015 at 3:53 AM
Hi Marc, I am actually using the latest release (337).
Aug 10, 2015 at 2:54 AM
Hello,

I am facing the same issue, is this resolved with respect to YouTube imports?

Thanks in advance!
Rajesh Kumar
Aug 10, 2015 at 4:49 AM
Hi Rajesh, no it's not solved. My understanding is Youtube pulled plug on its API and NodeXL hasn't removed this functionality from the package yet.
Coordinator
Aug 10, 2015 at 7:52 PM
Hello all!

Yes, the YouTube importers have not yet received the needed maintenance. We have a long list of tasks pending and this one may not come to the top until mid to late September.

If this is a high value work item for you, let us know! We do want to maintain all the importers and continue to add to and maintain the core of NodeXL, but with limited resources there are delays. Thanks for your interest and patience!

Regards,

Marc
Aug 10, 2015 at 9:57 PM
I am having issues with the YouTube importer and would value its update if possible. Thanks kindly for the NodeXL's team hard work! Much appreciated.
Sep 13, 2015 at 11:02 AM
Hi there,
are there some new developments on this issue? I'm running a project at the moment and I am extremely dependend on the You-Tube video data import.
I started the odyssee when there was no problem to get the data and NodeXL was the most reliable tool for that job; now I have to finish the project and have to present results - I am a bit shocked...time is running out...
Thank you so much for every support!
Best
Christian
Oct 16, 2015 at 2:28 PM
Hello, Marc and SMRF: It would be awesome to have this feature working again.

It's been about six months with this feature offline...and a lot of potential information collection has been lost because of this.
Coordinator
Oct 16, 2015 at 6:24 PM
Hello!

We hear you!

As we get through the transition to NodeXL Pro, the added resources should enable more attention to these long pending work items.

We appreciate the support and patience of the NodeXL Pro user community and look forward to moving more rapidly in developing the application.

Regards,

Marc
Coordinator
Dec 18, 2015 at 4:11 AM
Hello NodeXL Users!

Recently we updated the YouTube importers in NodeXL Pro. You should now find that they are fully functioning within the limits imposed by the YouTube API.

Please let us know if you encounter any errors!

Regards,

Marc