Nodexl Facebook Vertices tab

May 11, 2015 at 1:31 AM
The vertices tab does not include gender or other metricizes that used to be available when fetching data from fb fan pages or groups?
Coordinator
May 11, 2015 at 6:52 PM
Edited May 11, 2015 at 6:52 PM
Hello,

Facebook changed their API towards reserving user's privacy more. The importer still queries Facebook for these data, but they will be available only from users who have liked the application (NodeXL Facebook app) and are using it. So in other words, you will get detailed profile information only for users who have liked the Facebook application and approved to share their data, otherwise you will get only basic profile information.

Regards,
Arber
May 13, 2015 at 5:33 AM
Hi...
Execuse me... so could you give me the url (address) of NodeXL Facebook app exactly..to like the application.
Thank you very much
Coordinator
May 13, 2015 at 6:14 AM
Coordinator
May 15, 2015 at 3:59 PM
Hello,

you have already liked the Facebook app since you are using the importer. With ".. users who have liked the application..." I meant other users who are part of the network (commenters or likers), you will get gender and other attributes ONLY for commenters or likers who have liked the NodeXL app.

To test it tell one of your friends to like the Facebook app (search for NodeXL in Facebook https://apps.facebook.com/134453573297344/) and comment or like a post in a fan page. Then you download a network of that fan page and you should see the selected attributes for your friend (and maybe yourself if you have also commented or liked in that post).

Regards,
Arber