Error when trying to export to new matrix workbook

Jun 30, 2009 at 5:18 PM

Hi,

When I try to export to a new matrix workbook I get the error below.  Exporting to a new NodeXL workbook is fine.

---------------------------
Microsoft NodeXL
An unexpected problem occurred.  If it occurs again, please copy the details to the clipboard by typing Ctrl-C, then post the details to http://www.codeplex.com/NodeXL/Thread/List.aspx.

Details:

[COMException]: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC

Server stack trace:

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Range.get__Default(Object RowIndex, Object ColumnIndex)

at Microsoft.Research.CommunityTechnologies.AppLib.ExcelUtil.SetRangeValues(Range upperLeftCornerMarker, Object[,] values)

at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.WorkbookExporter.ExportToNewMatrixWorkbook()

at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.ThisWorkbook.ExportToNewMatrixWorkbook()
OK  

Jun 30, 2009 at 5:56 PM
Edited Jun 30, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Dave:

I can't reproduce the problem, so I'm wondering if there is some type of NodeXL workbook data that I didn't test.

Does this occur when you try exporting a simple one-edge workbook to a new matrix workbook?  In other words, what happens when you create a new NodeXL workbook, enter "X" and "Y" into cells A3 and B3 of the Edges worksheet, and then export to a new matrix workbook?

-- Tony

Jul 3, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Hi,

I can confirm that exporting a simple one-edge workbook to a new matrix works fine, so it must be something in my data that's sending it awry.

I'll see if I can give you more info or post the actual dataset to you.

Best regards, Dave.

Jul 3, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Separately, I've sent you a temporary email address where you can send me the workbook, if it's something that can be shared.

-- Tony