Vertex and Label Size Scaling

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:48 PM
I have defined the vertex sizes but do not see any difference. NodeEXL does not seem to change the sizes for the vertex or label. Is there any other parameter I need to set to see the difference between 12, 14 and 16? Thanks.
Coordinator
Dec 20, 2014 at 5:09 AM
Hello!

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL!

Does your network also have groups turned on? If so, try switching between the Group and Vertex level focus for display attributes via NodeXL>Analysis>Groups>Group Options

If not, note that the size values for a vertex range from 0 to 1000, perhaps your range of variation is too small to be seen?

Regards,

Marc
Dec 20, 2014 at 1:37 PM
Marc:

Thanks for the quick response.

That worked perfectly. Yes I was wondering if the vertex range was too small. I was assuming it was a pixel size.

Yet the labels text size has not changed. Is there a way to change it proportionate to the Vertex size?

Also is there a way to export the image in a vector based format?

Thanks so much for your help.

China Blue
Coordinator
Dec 21, 2014 at 5:03 PM
Edited Dec 21, 2014 at 5:04 PM
Hello!

One vertex shape in NodeXL is "Label" - this shape uses text as the image for a vertex and applies the vertex sizing to it.

The annotation text for other vertex shapes scale with the overall size of the network (see the scale slider in the NodeXL Graph Pane (called "Document Actions" by Excel)).

Text labels on vertex shapes can not (yet) be varied in size on a per vertex level (only by switching the vertex shape to "Label" will the text vary in size).

You can export the graph image to a variety of formats. Right click the graph pane to expose the context menu and select Save image to file... - where you can select the type of image file to be written. One file format option is XPS which can then be converted into pdf by many applications.

We also invite you to share your completed networks with others through the NodeXL Graph Gallery - see: NodeXL>Data>Export>To NodeXL Graph Gallery !

Regards,

Marc