Installation Error : System.Net.WebException:

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:54 PM
Trying to install NodeXL... Windows 8.1.. Get this error when trying to run installer.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException: Downloading http://www.nodexlgraphgallery.org/NodeXLSetup/Application Files/Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate_1_0_1_332/NodeXLNetworkServer.exe.deploy did not succeed. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
Aug 4, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Edited Aug 4, 2014 at 11:49 PM
Robert:

The message is saying that, due to security restrictions, a part of NodeXL couldn't be downloaded from the NodeXL server. However, that message is not coming from the NodeXL server. I checked our server logs, and there have been no such "Forbidden" errors recently.

I'm guessing that you are on some sort of institutional network that has a firewall or some sort of security software that prevents you from downloading files that have "exe" in their file name. The Microsoft people who developed the download system we use were clever enough to rename our NodeXLNetworkServer.exe file to "NodeXLNetworkServer.exe.deploy" in an attempt to break through such restrictions, but perhaps your network is even smarter (or dumber) and blocks anything that even remotely looks like an executable program.

Could my guess be correct? Is your computer connected to a corporate network?

-- Tony
Aug 4, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Hi,

Yes looks like it is was the corporate network getting in the way. Have it loaded now.

Thanks

Robert

Aug 4, 2014 at 11:06 PM
Good. Thanks for letting me know.

-- Tony