NODEXL API's

Mar 16, 2014 at 5:03 AM
We are invoking NodeXL API's from .NET to display the graphml.
   //layout default
    HarelKorenFastMultiscaleLayout layoutHK = new HarelKorenFastMultiscaleLayout();
    nodeXLControlGraph.Layout = layoutHK;
We are able to apply HarelKoren Layout to display the graphs using the above code, but the the graph looks clustered for large volume of data and are looking for something more readable like the one in the below link. Can you please share with us your recommendations also any reference to codebase would be very helpful.

http://nodexlgraphgallery.org/Pages/Graph.aspx?graphID=17692

Thanks,
Mar 18, 2014 at 5:56 AM
Edited Mar 18, 2014 at 5:57 AM
Here is what you need to do to get the effect you see in the graph you referenced:

1) On the NodeXL Downloads tab, download NodeXL Class Libraries version 1.0.1.320 or later. (Please read the Notes on the download page regarding .NET Framework versions.)

2) Put your vertices into groups. See the "LayoutBase.LayoutStyle Property" topic in the NodeXLApi.chm help file for sample code that does this. (An alternative is to have NodeXL put the vertices into groups using a clustering algorithm. Let me know if you need help with that option.)

3) Use the layout's LayoutStyle property to tell NodeXL to use your groups:
nodeXLControl.Layout.LayoutStyle = LayoutStyle.UseGroups
4) Use the layout's BoxLayoutAlgorithm property to tell NodeXL to arrange your groups using a force-directed algorithm:
nodeXLControl.Layout.BoxLayoutAlgorithm = BoxLayoutAlgorithm.ForceDirected;
-- Tony
Mar 18, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Hi Tony,

Can you pls show an example how to (An alternative is to have NodeXL put the vertices into groups using a clustering algorithm. Let me know if you need help with that option???
We are trying to use cluset-newmann-moore algorithm....

Thanks

Suryansu
Mar 19, 2014 at 2:40 AM
Edited Mar 19, 2014 at 5:14 AM
Hello, Suryansu:

Please see my answer to your question here:

http://nodexl.codeplex.com/discussions/539322

-- Tony