NodeXL does not open twitter authorisation Web page

May 27, 2013 at 5:24 PM
I selected "I have a Twitter account, but I have not yet authorized NodeXL [...]", but it does not redirect me to the website. Is there a link I can use?
May 27, 2013 at 5:40 PM
No, the page has to be opened from NodeXL.

The page may be opening in a new tab in an existing browser window, or in a new browser window that is hidden under something else. Have you looked all over for it? The window title should be "Twitter / Authorize an application."

-- Tony
May 27, 2013 at 6:09 PM
I did, nothing is opened..
May 27, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Edited May 27, 2013 at 6:38 PM
The only thing I can think of that would prevent NodeXL from opening a browser window would be a security suite (like Norton, McAfee, or Webroot) or a firewall that has been configured to block such things. Are you using a computer that is managed by an IT department and that might have been "locked down" in some way?

-- Tony
May 27, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I use Windows Defender and Microsoft Security Essentials, and even if I turn everything off, it is not working.. I am using my home computer.
May 27, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Tell me what happens when you try this:
  1. On your keyboard, press the Windows key together with the R key. This opens a "Run" dialog box.
  2. In the "Run" dialog box, paste this URL and click OK: https://api.twitter.com/oauth/authorize?oauth_token=Fake
That should open a browser window with a Twitter page that says "Whoa there!" What actually happens?

-- Tony
May 27, 2013 at 7:52 PM
This indeed did not open any website either. But I used a different browser as my standard browser and now it works. Thank you for your help.