Graph Layout

Mar 21, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Hey everyboby,

I started to work with NodeXL for my Master-Thesis. Unfourtunaly, the graph changed to a weird layout: Nothing is in order, the size of all bullets is the same and it changes all the time I refresh it. Can anyone help me to reset the functions? I also looked on YouTube the tutorials and there it worked perfect. Even the sample workbook does not work as it should....Thanks for your help!
Coordinator
Mar 21, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Hello! Thanks fo the interest in NodeXL.
To resolve your problem we will need some more information.
Can you share a screen shot of the graph?
Can you upload it to Graph Gallery?
Can you describe what results you wanted to get, and what actually appears.

Settings in NodeXL can be shared. You can visit the http://nodexlgraphgallery.org to find a network visualization that is close to what you want. At the bottom of that data set's page is a link to "Download the NodeXL Options Used to Create the Graph". Download the file and then, in NodeXL, import the file from the NodeXL>Options>Import menu. Then select Automate from the NodeXL Graph menu. NodeXL will then apply all the steps in the options file to your data.

Marc
Mar 21, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Hey thanks for the fast reply!
At the end of my research, I want to have the following: The more outgoing conntections, the thicker the e.g. bullet should be. Also, which might be more complicated, if person A has two connection points (so two arrows) going to person B, this arrow should also be thicker than the other ones. I found a way to do it manually, but my data set is too big to do that. At the End, the persons which the most outgoing connections should be the in the middle und the persons with the less connections more outside of the picture.

Thank
Coordinator
Mar 22, 2013 at 2:57 AM
Our word for the connection between two Vertices is "Edge" (or "tie", "link").

NodeXL can count the number of times an edge exists between two vertices.