Brand new user: where to find sample files?

Feb 9, 2013 at 8:01 PM
I'm brand new to NodeXL and I'm learning using the book Analyzing Social Media Networks with NodeXL. Throughout the book it use sample files such as the Les Miserable sample and the Serious Eats sample, etc. The book has a URL to download these samples but I can't find them anywhere, not for a lack of trying. I feel like I'm missing something. Does anyone know where I can download these files? I've been barely able to comprehend the lessons without them. A direct link would be most helpful. Thanks so much for any help!
Feb 9, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Have a look here:

Kite Network dataset - the simple kite networks used to teach basic network metrics

Serious Eats dataset - a multimodal network connecting people to blogs and/or forums

US Senate 2007 dataset - the co-voting network of US Senators in 2007

Les Miserable co-appearance network - the network of characters in Victor Hugo's book based on their appearing in the same scenes together.
Feb 9, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Thanks so much! I used the search but couldn't find these. However, some of these links aren't working - I'm guessing because you used the search and the urls aren't constant. For example, I tried searching for 'serious eats' but couldn't find it. Could you point me in the right direction? Is there a page that has these listed by chance? Sorry to be a bother...
Feb 10, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Have a look at this page:

For a list of data sets related to the book.

Feb 11, 2013 at 3:59 AM
Got it. Thanks for your help!