Build NodeXL from source

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I've hit a road block in installing NodeXL from source.

------ Build started: Project: ExcelTemplate, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------Build started 1/11/2013 2:42:02 PM.CoreResGen:  All outputs are up-to-date.c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1970,9): error MSB3326: Cannot import the following key file: . The key file may be password protected. To correct this, try to import the certificate again or import the certificate manually into the current user’s personal certificate store.c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1970,9): error MSB3321: Importing key file "ClickOnceSigningCertificate\NodeXLExcelTemplate.pfx" was canceled.

When I attempt to import NodeXLExcelTemplate.pfx by doing a right-click and "Install PFX", it asks for a private key, which I do not possess.

It seems that other folks have managed to build NodeXL successfully, so I must be missing something. 

BTW I am using VS 2010 and did copy the design files out and back in again before attempting to build.

Robin Burke
DePaul University 

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Never mind. Managed to get the solution to build with my own key. I'll let you know how my experiments with file paths turn out.

Robin Burke
DePaul University