How may we fix vertex x and y of a given layout?

Dec 31, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Hi everybody

perhaps is merely a silly question but my mind is within a loop. I cannot find the command to fix (or see) the x and y  vertex value of a given layout. Does anyone had the same problem? Could you suggest me how to handle this problem?

Cheers

Jan 1, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Do you want to lock the vertices in their current locations?  If so, the easiest way to do that is to go to NodeXL, Graph, Layout in the Excel ribbon and select "None."  The None layout algorithm is useful if you are happy with the graph's current vertex locations, but you need to edit the workbook and refresh the graph. Normally, refreshing the graph reads the workbook and lays out the graph. If you select the None layout algorithm, you can edit a vertex color, for example, and then refresh the graph without affecting the vertex locations.

If you want to actually see the x- and y-coordinates, which are stored in normally-hidden columns on the Vertices worksheet, go to NodeXL, Show/Hide, Workbook Columns and check the "Layout" menu item.  That will make the X and Y columns on the Vertices worksheet visible.

-- Tony

Jan 1, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Thanks a lot Tony! Your last suggestion works perfectly!

Enrico