Looking for Group by Cluster parameters and log output

Dec 28, 2012 at 4:07 AM
Edited Dec 28, 2012 at 4:10 AM

I am using NodeXL for my dissertation research.   Nice program. 

I have no problems with how to use the program. Pretty straight forward.  However, I'd like to know if there is more detailed output available for the Group by Cluster Algorithm function.  I've read the related articles upon which these algorithms were based and understand them.  I'd like to be able to see NodeXL output and log data when I run these functions.  For instance, I know there is a "Q" cut-off that defines the cluster configurations that are ultimately generated, but am unable to find what NodeXL uses for this calculation or any other log output of any kind.  

So my question is:   Is it possible to get some sort of log that reports goodness of fit measures and other parameters along with the dendogram that is produced when the Group by Cluster function is used?

Dec 28, 2012 at 5:21 AM

No, that isn't possible.  NodeXL calculates and outputs the clusters but discards all intermediate results.  The only option I can think of is for you to modify the source code to provide yourself with the specific information that you need.

-- Tony