NodeXL installation problems

Dec 15, 2008 at 10:13 PM
I followed the installation instructions to upgrade to NodeXL. However, every time I open a new template, it tries to access the install files again (inparticular Dnrd.msi), which according to the instructions I should have deleted. This is annoying. Is there a way to fix this?
Dec 16, 2008 at 6:16 AM
I haven't come across this before, and I can't reproduce it on my machines.  I can think of no reason why the MSI file would be required after a successful setup.

Two questions:

1. Did the initial setup seem to be successful?  Did you get any error messages?

2. Please try uninstalling Microsoft NodeXL Excel Template via Add/Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista), then running Setup.exe again.  Does the problem still occur?

-- Tony
Dec 16, 2008 at 6:26 PM
Hi Tony,

This happens every time I go: Start --> Programs --> Microsoft NodeXL --> Excel Template

If I open an existing file with the NodeXL data in it, it does not happen.

1) Yes, the initial installation appeared fault free (as does every subsequent installation). No error messages anywhere.

2) Done. Problem is still there (with the short cut on the start menu)

Martin
Dec 16, 2008 at 7:23 PM
Edited Dec 16, 2008 at 7:53 PM
Martin:

Aha -- I wasn't trying the shortcut.  I'll look into what's going on.  In the meantime, the short-term workaround is to avoid that shortcut.

Thanks for letting me know.

-- Tony
Dec 17, 2008 at 6:14 AM
I've figured out the cause of this weird behavior.  It will be fixed in the next release.

-- Tony
Dec 17, 2008 at 7:22 PM
Fixed in version 1.0.1.66, released 2008/12/17.

-- Tony