modularity & graph clustering

Sep 1, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Hi,

I am discovering this great tool Nodexl (1.0.1.224). I managed to import graphs using csv files and to play with the tool. I have a problem with the graph clusting function. It worked for a graph with about 300nodes but I have another graph where the clustering does not worl (see information on graph below). What could be the problem? what do I need to change to make clustering work?

Thank you

Souheil

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Graph Type Directed

Vertices 255

Unique Edges 316
Edges With Duplicates 0
Total Edges 316

Self-Loops 1

Reciprocated Vertex Pair Ratio 0
Reciprocated Edge Ratio 0

Connected Components 14
Single-Vertex Connected Components 0
Maximum Vertices in a Connected Component 228
Maximum Edges in a Connected Component 302

Maximum Geodesic Distance (Diameter) 8
Average Geodesic Distance 3.801157

Graph Density 0.004863363
Modularity Not Applicable
Coordinator
Sep 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Hello!

Thank you for the interest in the NodeXL project.

NodeXL can cluster a graph by vertex attribute, by connected component, or via three different algorithmic clustering methods.

Did you select one of these methods from the Group menu and get an error?

Did groups get created in the "Groups" worksheet?  Are there entires in the related "Group Vertices" worksheet?

To display groups in the graph the way you would like set the options in the Groups Options (found at the bottom of the Groups menu in the NodeXL ribbon).

Group layouts can also be configured in the Layout Options menu item in the Layout menu in the NodeXL graph pane.

Regards,

Marc

Sep 2, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your swift reply. The button "Groups" in the Analysis ribbon wasn't even opening. I closed and restarted NodeXL and the clustering works again.

I just discovered the tool today and I've been sitting for 10hours at my desk working with it; kudos to all the team who made this true and available to everyone.

Souheil

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2012 at 12:12 AM
We are very happy to hear that you are getting good value from the NodeXL project!

-
Marc

marc@connectedaction.net

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 4:10 PM, souheil <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your swift reply. The button "Groups" in the Analysis ribbon wasn't even opening. I closed and restarted NodeXL and the clustering works again.

I just discovered the tool today and I've been sitting for 10hours at my desk working with it; kudos to all the team who made this true and available to everyone.

Souheil

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (NodeXL@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email NodeXL@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com