Drawing two unidirectional edges instead of one bidirectional edge

Jul 26, 2012 at 5:28 PM

First of all, just want to say this is a fantastic library.

Secondly, I'm wondering how to make the control draw two separate directed edges instead of one bidirectional edge. Whenever I add two edges in either direction on two nodes, it always draws one single edge with arrows pointed both ways. I want it to draw two directed edges, one pointing to each node. I'm using version of the library.

I couldn't find this in the documentation so I'm asking here instead.

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Edited Jul 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Unfortunately, NodeXL always draws such edges on top of each other, making them look like one edge with two arrows.  We have a work item to allow them to be separated, but we haven't gotten to it yet.

-- Tony

Jul 27, 2012 at 6:11 AM

This is something I've also requested before and eagerly awaiting the development.

Keep it up guys, this is a fantastic product!

Jul 27, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Thanks for the reply. I just figured that out after zooming in and clicking on the arrows themselves. I can see that they're drawn separately but on top of each other.

Do you have a link to the work item so I can track its progress?

Jul 27, 2012 at 6:05 PM

No, we don't have that kind of system in place.  Our work item list is maintained informally and reshuffled at weekly planning sessions.

I will bring up this issue again next week.  I agree that it's a real shortcoming in NodeXL.

-- Tony

Oct 1, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Hi guys, What's the status of this feature? If possible, I'd love to be able to draw the arrows with opposite curvatures, too. - Martin