fail to open template

May 21, 2012 at 2:20 PM

hey,

I already downloaded and installed the nodexl software, but if I try to open the template I get this error:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Uncaught exception thrown by method called through Reflection. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131604)
   at System.AppDomain.Unload(AppDomain domain)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.DomainCreator.CreateCustomizationDomainInternal(String solutionLocation, String manifestName, String documentName, Boolean showUIDuringDeployment, IntPtr hostServiceProvider, Boolean useFastPath, IntPtr& executor)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.DomainCreator.Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.Interop.IDomainCreator.CreateCustomizationDomain(String solutionLocation, String manifestName, String documentName, Boolean showUIDuringDeployment, IntPtr hostServiceProvider, IntPtr& executor)

can anybody help me with this?

regards janis

Coordinator
May 21, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Hello!

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL.

Sorry that you are having a problem.  A few questions may help us help you to resolve the issue.

Did NodeXL ever work on this system? 

Which version of NodeXL are you installing?

Which version of Windows and Office are you using?

Thanks!

Marc

May 21, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Hey marc,

thanks for the fast answer! On this computer nodexl never worked, but I installed it before on other computers the same way with no problem... That is the reason why I was wondered... It is the 1.01.210 version of nodexl with excel 2010 and windows xp...

greetings janis

May 21, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Janis:

You have something called ".NET Programmability Support" disabled in Excel.  It is normally enabled when Office is installed, but if it gets turned off for some reason, NodeXL (which is a .NET program) won't be able to run.  Enabling .NET Programmability Support will fix the problem.

Please see "How to fix a "TargetInvocationException" problem" at http://nodexl.codeplex.com/discussions/267366 for instructions on how to fix this.

-- Tony

May 21, 2012 at 5:23 PM

hey tony,

thank you very much problem is solved nodeXL is working :)!