Problem installning nodeXL with Office 2010

Apr 11, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I´m getting the following error when trying to install release march 5th.

The computer has Microsoft Office 2010 installed.

I couldn´t find any earlier Q&A or discussions about this, so I hope it´s ok to ask for help this way?
Thanks in advance :)

Best regards, Jenni

Apr 11, 2012 at 2:15 PM

The error disappeared :(

Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies

"Please install Microsoft Office 2007 before installing this product."

Apr 11, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Hello, Jenni:

I'm not sure from your messages if you are still having a problem.  If so, please write again with details on 1) when the problem occurs; and 2) the error message that you get.

-- Tony

Apr 12, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Hi Tony,

Sorry, I meant that the error message disappeared from my first post :) and included it in my second.

Yes, the problem still occurs, when I´m trying to download and install NodeXL and the error message is in bold text in my second post.

Thanks, Jenni

Apr 12, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Please confirm that you are doing the following:

1. Download the latest version of NodeXL from  The version number changes regularly, but as of today it's

2. Unzip the downloaded Zip file into any folder. Use WinZip or a similar program, or just right-click the Zip file in Windows Explorer and select "Extract All."

3. Close Excel if it's open.

4. Double-click the file called Setup.exe.  Do not double-click the file called DoNotUseThis.msi.  Double-clicking DoNotUseThis.msi is the one way I know of that you can get the "Please install Microsoft Office 2007 before installing this product" message.

-- Tony

Apr 13, 2012 at 6:20 AM

Hi again,

It was IE and the "extract all" that didn´t work properly. When I used WinZip instead it was ok.

Thanks for your help! :)

Apr 13, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Thanks for letting me know, Jenni.  I'm glad it finally worked for you.

-- Tony