issues with export

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:30 AM

This is what it gave me:

An unexpected problem occurred.  If it occurs again, please copy the details to the clipboard by typing Ctrl-C, then post the details to

[COMException]: PasteSpecial method of Range class failed

Server stack trace:

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Range.PasteSpecial(XlPasteType Paste, XlPasteSpecialOperation Operation, Object SkipBlanks, Object Transpose)

at Smrf.AppLib.ExcelUtil.PasteValues(Range range)

at Smrf.AppLib.ExcelTableUtil.TryAddTableColumnWithRowNumbers(ListObject table, String columnName, Double columnWidthChars, String columnStyle, ListColumn& listColumn)

at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.DuplicateEdgeMerger.DeleteDuplicateRows(ListObject oEdgeTable, ListColumn oEdgeWeightColumn, Range oEdgeWeightData, Object[,] aoEdgeWeightValues)

at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.DuplicateEdgeMerger.MergeDuplicateEdges(ListObject oEdgeTable, Range oVertex1NameData, Object[,] aoVertex1NameValues, Range oVertex2NameData, Object[,] aoVertex2NameValues, ListColumn oEdgeWeightColumn, Range oEdgeWeightData, Object[,] aoEdgeWeightValues, Boolean bGraphIsDirected)

at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.DuplicateEdgeMerger.MergeDuplicateEdges(Workbook workbook)

at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.ThisWorkbook.ExportToFile(ReadWorkbookContext oReadWorkbookContext, SaveGraphFileDialog oSaveGraphFileDialog)

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Please tell me which menu item you were using when this occurred.  Was it NodeXL, Data, Export, To Pajek File?

Also, does the problem occur every time you try to export from this workbook, or did it happen just once?  If it occurs every time, please post the workbook and I'll try to track down the bug.  You can do that by creating a new "issue" on NodeXL's Issue Tracker tab at, where you can attach the workbook file.  You don't have to explain anything in the new issue; I'll know what it is.