graph legend range

Jan 16, 2012 at 3:10 AM

Hello,

I am working on an assignment using the Les Miserable data set in NodeXL. I have to autofill the edge width and edge opacity using the values in the edge weight column. For both edge weight and edge opacity I have selected "use logarithmic mapping" as instructed in my textbook.  The text shows a result of this process as a graph legend that has a range of 0-3 for both edge width and edge opacity. I am able to duplicate these results using the textbook version (1.0.1.113).

When I apply this same scenario to version 1.0.1.196 the range on the graph legend changes to 1-31 for both edge width and edge opacity. Has something changed between version 1.0.1.113 and 1.0.1.196 that would account for this discrepancy?

Thank you,

Jessica

Jan 16, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Hello, Jessica:

Version 1.0.1.113 had a bug that caused the legend range to be incorrect when using a logarithmic mapping.  That bug was fixed a long time ago, so the number range in the latest version is the correct one.

Version 1.0.1.113 is almost two years old now, and the program has been much improved since then.  The textbook hasn't been updated, though, so if you need to follow the textbook verbatim, you need to use the older version.

-- Tony

Jan 16, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Thank you very much, Tony!

Jessica