Jan 11, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Edited Jan 11, 2012 at 4:52 PM
I can answer your label position question. I leave the question about egocentric networks to others.
These instructions are for the latest version of NodeXL, as of January 2012.
To change the position of all vertex labels in the graph:
* Click the Graph Options button at the top of the graph pane. If the graph pane is narrow, the Graph Options button may be hidden under a down-arrow button.
* In the Graph Options dialog box, click the Other tab.
* On the Other tab, click the Labels button.
* In the Label Options dialog box, change the Position of "Label annotations."
To make this change "stick" for all new workbooks you create:
* In the Excel ribbon, click NodeXL, Options, Use Current for New.
To change the position of a label for just one vertex:
* In the Vertices worksheet, edit the Label Position cell for the vertex.