Are your sliders custom made?

Dec 6, 2011 at 4:28 AM

The sliders you utilize in the 'Dynamic Filters' form, are the custom made or can they be easily inserted with Visual Studio?  I've yet to find such a slider (two-thumb slider) within the visual studio framework.  If they are custom made, are they easily called/used?

Dec 6, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Yes, they are custom made, and yes, they are easy to use.  You'll find them on the CodePlex Downloads tab at  Look under "Other Downloads" for the latest "WinFormsControls Class Library."

-- Tony

Dec 9, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Though I'm  touch lost on how to exactly use them.  I opened the VisualStudioSolution file into the existing solution I had.  I see the project file, but how do I add one of the sliders to an existing form?  It looks like I can drag/drop the sliders to the Toolbox on the left where I get the rest of the pre-canned windows widgets.  Is there a way to simply slide them into my form or am I going about this the wrong way?

Dec 9, 2011 at 6:15 PM
Edited Dec 9, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Yes, you are going about this the wrong way.  You do not need the source code to use the controls, just the prebuilt DLL that contains them.

To use the controls, do the following:

1. Right-click anywhere in the Visual Studio Toolbox and select Choose Items from the right-click menu.

2. In the .NET Framework Components tab of the Choose Toolbox Items dialog box, click the Browse button.

3. In the Open dialog box, select the prebuilt Smrf.WinFormsControls.dll file.

4. The RangeTrackBar and DateTimeRangeTrackBar controls will appear in the Toolbox.

5. Drag one of those controls to your form.

-- Tony

Dec 9, 2011 at 7:04 PM

Thanks Tony, you are the best!