Nov 29, 2011 at 5:14 AM
Edited Nov 29, 2011 at 5:15 AM
The sequence for adding a custom button to the NodeXL ribbon and handling its Click event is straightforward:
1. Open Ribbon.cs in the Visual Studio designer.
2. Open the Visual Studio Toolbox (View, Toolbox).
3. From the Office Ribbon Controls section of the Toolbox, drag a Button to the ribbon in the designer.
4. In the designer, double-click the new Button.
5. Fill in the NewButton_Click() event handler that Visual Studio creates for you.
If you want a custom dialog box to pop up, you have to create a new Form-derived class for the dialog box, then call Form.ShowDialog() from your event handler to show it.
I know of no simpler way to do this.