Twitter statuses from list? Feature request?

Nov 21, 2011 at 1:51 PM

I would like to get all statuses from members of a list, but currently the TwitterList config doesn't allow "NonRepliesToNonMentionsEdges" and as I slowly learn more about the Twitter API I realize this might be harder to do than I originally hoped. Any thoughts?

Also, when an edge is created as a result of a Mention, TwitterList doesn't allow the actual content of the Tweet to be collected the way that the TwitterSearch does. Any reason why this has to be the case?

Thanks again for the great tool. There's little out there that collects Twitter data and creates network data so efficiently. 

Nov 21, 2011 at 1:59 PM

Oh wait maybe it's quite simple: -- "Returns tweet timeline for members of the specified list. Historically, retweets were not available in list timeline responses but you can now use the <tt>include_rts=true</tt> parameter to additionally receive retweet objects."

Sorry if I'm talking nonsense. I don't code much, and I don't know much about the Twitter API nor how it's used by NodeXL. All I'm looking for is the same functionality in "TwitterListNetworkConfiguration" that is available when I'm using "TwitterSearchNetworkConfiguration" 

Nov 21, 2011 at 5:02 PM

The Twitter Search network searches for people who have tweeted a specified search term.  It adds a vertex for each person, and if you turn on all the options, adds an edge for each tweet.  It provides up to 1,500 tweets, which is a limit imposed by Twitter.

In the Twitter List network, the vertices represent people in a specified list, and two of the optional edge types represent relationships in the latest tweet posted by each of those people.  Conceivably, it could add edges representing relationships in the latest 100 (for example) tweets posted by each of those people, instead of just the latest tweet.  Is that what you're seeking?

In the Twitter List network, when an edge is created as a result of a Mentions, checking the "Add a Latest Tweet column to the Vertices worksheet" does give you the actual content of the tweet.

-- Tony