Larger graph area

Nov 18, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Can I manually adjust the graph size so I have room to move things around the way I'd like? 

Coordinator
Nov 19, 2011 at 1:40 AM

Yes, and you can use the scale slider to reduce the relative size of all network elements, leaving additional space.

-
Marc
Nov 19, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Using the scale slider seems to only reduce the size of vertices but not the graph as a whole. Am I not using the right tool?

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Yes, you can resize the graph pane.  The following is from "The Graph Pane" topic at NodeXL, Help, Help in the Excel Ribbon:

--------------------------

The Graph Pane is where NodeXL shows the graph when you click the Show Graph button. It's on the right side of the main Excel window.

(Confusingly, the Graph Pane has a title bar that says "Document Actions," but in NodeXL you should think of it as the Graph Pane. Document Actions is an Excel pane that is not exclusive to NodeXL, and Excel calls it Document Actions no matter which program is using it.)

The Graph Pane can be resized, undocked from the main Excel window, and hidden.

1. Hover the mouse over the vertical divider between the Graph Pane and the NodeXL Worksheets. The mouse cursor changes to a double-headed arrow.
  2. Drag the vertical divider to the left or right.
  1. Drag the Graph Pane's title bar, the one that says "Document Actions." You might have to drag the title bar a considerable distance before the Graph Pane becomes undocked.
  1. Drag the Graph Pane's title bar to one of the edges of the main Excel window.