Importing large data set

Aug 22, 2011 at 9:12 PM

I have very large data set in Excel. it has around 110000 records. Excel saved my data in two sheet. when I want to import my data to NodeXl, I face problem. How can solve my problem?

Aug 23, 2011 at 4:55 AM

You'll have to provide more details.  Are you saying that you have an Excel workbook that contains graph data in two worksheets, and you want to import that graph data into NodeXL?  If so, what is in each worksheet?

I should mention that if your graph data contains 110,000 edges, then NodeXL is going to be painfully slow for you.  It's optimized for graphs with a few thousand edges, and although it can handle more if you have enough computer memory and patience, it's not going to make for the happiest experience.

-- Tony

Aug 23, 2011 at 10:17 AM

I have around 110000 records of graph data which is saved in two worksheet. and in second sheet there is not any header row. when I try to import my data in NodeXl, it shows the message that " if the column in the other workbook have headers, then there must be at least two rows". In addition, it does not show the correct header in the import form. 

Thanks,

Nazi

Aug 23, 2011 at 5:45 PM

It sounds like you are using NodeXL, Data, Import, From Open Workbook to import the edges from a second worksheet in another workbook, and the second worksheet does not have column headers.  If that is the case, then you need to uncheck the "Columns have headers" checkbox in the Import from Open Workbook dialog box.  When that checkbox is checked, NodeXL assumes that the first row in the worksheet contains column headers, and that is why it's not working correctly for you.

-- Tony