Error with VS 2010 compiling

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:09 AM

Hi everyone,

I've just discovered NodeXL for my research tool! Haha. Thank you for this source code.

I am trying to rebuild the NodeXL solution, version nodexl-54290, with M. VS 2010, but there are some errors - missed some .cs files in several projects of the solution.

In the error projects, I tried to locate and reference files found in other projects, but it works not correctly.

Anyone have experience with NodeXL solution compliled with VS 2010, please help me.

Thank you

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:22 AM

The source code is available as a Zip file on the CodePlex Downloads tab at http://nodexl.codeplex.com/releases.  Look for the latest "NodeXL Source Code" release under "Other Downloads" on the right side of the page.

NodeXL is currently a Visual Studio 2008 project and there are problems building it in 2010.  See the "Important Note" on the downloads page.

Are you sure you need the source code?  There is also a prebuilt set of NodeXL class libraries available on the Downloads tab.

-- Tony

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:33 AM

dzung tell the error u r getting while buliding the project. secondly if u are getting exceltemplate error then right click the "testwpfnodexlControl" and select the "set as startup project". then build it and run it. hopefully it will works

--Micheal

Jul 7, 2011 at 6:10 AM
Thank you Tony for your help.
I think the source code is important to my job. I hope I can have some contributions after a time using it for research of complex networks.
This software have a feature allowing to measure network's robustness, right?

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 1:22 PM, tcap479 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

The source code is available as a Zip file on the CodePlex Downloads tab at http://nodexl.codeplex.com/releases. Look for the latest "NodeXL Source Code" release under "Other Downloads" on the right side of the page.

NodeXL is currently a Visual Studio 2008 project and there are problems building it in 2010. See the "Important Note" on the downloads page.

Are you sure you need the source code? There is also a prebuilt set of NodeXL class libraries available on the Downloads tab.

-- Tony

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (NodeXL@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email NodeXL@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
Best regards,

Tran, Tien-Dzung ( )

Email: tiendung.hn.vn@gmail.com
Cell phone: 010-4339-6579
Lab phone: (82) 52-259-1449
Address: Compex Systems Computing Lab, Room 7-303-1
Faculty of Computer Engineering & Information Technology, School of Electrical Engineering, University of Ulsan.
Daehak-ro 102, Nam-gu, Ulsan, South Korea.
Jul 7, 2011 at 5:16 PM

I'm not sure what network robustness is, but here is a list of the per-vertex metrics that NodeXL will calculate for you:

* Degree

* Betweenness centrality

* Closeness centrality

* Eigenvector centrality

* PageRank

* Clustering coefficient

And here are the per-graph metrics that NodeXL will calculate:

* Vertex and edge counts

* Various "connected component" counts

* Maximum geodesic distance (graph diameter)

* Average geodesic distance

* Graph density

-- Tony