showing something on edge weight clicking

Jul 6, 2011 at 6:47 AM

Hello,

as there is option of clicking the vertex in NodeXl. but i wanna right click on any click on edge weight. can anyone solve my problem? 

thanks

Jul 6, 2011 at 6:56 AM

Are you asking whether you can select an edge in the graph pane?  No, I'm afraid you can't.  You can select an individual edge only by selecting its row in the Edges worksheet.

If that's not your question, please clarify what you need to know.

-- Tony

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:04 AM

i m not working in excel but in C#. graph is based on records from database. i want to capture the click event of edge or edge label. is it possible, if yes please explain?

Thanks

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:16 AM

No, that is not possible.  Edges cannot be selected with the mouse.

-- Tony

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:26 AM

The reason for that is that selecting thin lines would be too difficult for the user.  There could conceivably be a "drag a box around the edge to select it" mode to work around this difficulty, but NodeXL uses a dragged box to select multiple vertices instead.

-- Tony

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:43 AM

i want to click the edge label

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:51 AM

As I mentioned, edges cannot be selected with the mouse.  You would have to modify the source code to get the NodeXLControl to allow an edge to be selected by clicking on its label.

-- Tony

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:57 AM

sir i need that code as i have worked a lot but didn't get the appropriate solution

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:58 AM

sir i need that code as i have worked a lot but didn't get the appropriate solution

Jul 6, 2011 at 4:20 PM

We don't have plans right now to add that feature.  You would have to modify the hit-testing code within NodeXLControl yourself to get the control to do what you want it to do.

-- Tony