SnapGraphMetricCalculator

Oct 7, 2010 at 1:49 AM

Hi guys,

I just installed NodeXL 1.0.1.150 on a Win 7 32-bit machine. When I calculate graph metrics I keep getting the following error

---------------------------
Microsoft NodeXL
An unexpected problem occurred.  If it occurs again, please copy the details to the clipboard by typing Ctrl-C, then post the details to http://www.codeplex.com/NodeXL/Thread/List.aspx.

Details:

[Win32Exception]: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail

I have looked in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Research\Microsoft NodeXL Excel Template folder and know SnapGraphMetricCalculator.exe is there. I have also uninstalled then re-installed NodeXL.

Looking at the Application log I find the following message

Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found.

Is there something else I need to install?

Any advice gratefully accepted...

Andrew

Oct 7, 2010 at 1:54 AM

Hi,

I am also getting the error ... I did the Graph Metrics - Select All -- I did this on the Senate example

Microsoft NodeXL
An unexpected problem occurred.  If it occurs again, please copy the details to the clipboard by typing Ctrl-C, then post the details to http://www.codeplex.com/NodeXL/Thread/List.aspx.

Details:

[Win32Exception]: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail

at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()

at Microsoft.NodeXL.Algorithms.GraphMetricCalculatorBase.TryCallSnapGraphMetricCalculator(String sArguments, String& sStandardError)

at Microsoft.NodeXL.Algorithms.GraphMetricCalculatorBase.CalculateSnapGraphMetrics(IGraph oGraph, SnapGraphMetrics eSnapGraphMetrics)

at Microsoft.NodeXL.Algorithms.OverallMetricCalculator.CalculateGeodesicDistances(IGraph oGraph, Nullable`1& iMaximumGeodesicDistance, Nullable`1& dAverageGeodesicDistance)

at Microsoft.NodeXL.Algorithms.OverallMetricCalculator.TryCalculateGraphMetrics(IGraph graph, BackgroundWorker backgroundWorker, OverallMetrics& graphMetrics)

at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.OverallMetricCalculator2.TryCalculateGraphMetrics(IGraph graph, CalculateGraphMetricsContext calculateGraphMetricsContext, GraphMetricColumn[]& graphMetricColumns)

at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.GraphMetricCalculationManager.CalculateGraphMetricsAsyncInternal(CalculateGraphMetricsAsyncArgs oCalculateGraphMetricsAsyncArgs, BackgroundWorker oBackgroundWorker, DoWorkEventArgs oDoWorkEventArgs)

at Microsoft.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.GraphMetricCalculationManager.BackgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
OK  

Oct 7, 2010 at 2:01 AM

I'm investigating this and I hope to have a fix for it shortly.  Thank you for letting me know about it.  (This bug didn't occur on any of the computers I tested the program on before releasing it, but I think I know why.)

-- Tony

Oct 7, 2010 at 2:07 AM

Thanks Tony,

Look forward to hearing your thoughts

Andrew

Sent: Thursday, 7 October 2010 11:02 AM
To: andrew.ross@uqconnect.edu.au
Subject: Re: SnapGraphMetricCalculator [NodeXL:229895]

I'm investigating this and I hope to have a fix for it shortly. Thank you for letting me know about it. (This bug didn't occur on any of the computers I tested the program on before releasing it, but I think I know why.)

-- Tony

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (NodeXL@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email NodeXL@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Oct 7, 2010 at 5:39 AM

Please install the latest version, 1.0.1.151.  You don't need to uninstall the defective version; the latest version will do that for you.

Thanks again to both of you for letting me know about the bug, and sorry for the trouble.

-- Tony

Oct 7, 2010 at 8:30 AM

Have just tried v1.0.1.151 and all works well

Thanks again

Andrew