Can't install NodeXL v. 1.0.1.130

Aug 5, 2010 at 9:46 PM
Hi, I have Windows 7 and can successfully install v. 1.0.1.113, but not the latest version. Setup quits, apparently due to some incompatibility problems. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix? Thanks, Bob
Aug 5, 2010 at 10:23 PM

[Moved an unrelated post to a new discussion.  -- Tony]

Aug 5, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Please tell me what sort of message you're getting when you attempt to install the latest version.  If a message box pops up with a "Details" button, please copy the details here.

Thanks,
    Tony

Aug 5, 2010 at 11:03 PM
The first message I get is "NodeXL Excel Template Setup Starter has stopped working" - the detail is "A problem stopped the program from working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Then I hit "close program" in the dialog box and the next message is "This program might not have installed correctly. If this program didn't install correctly, try reinstalling using settings that are compatible with this version of Windows. Within the dialog box, I can choose "reinstall using recommended settings" and "This program installed correctly". When I choose the former, it tries to reinstall and the same thing happens all over again.
Aug 6, 2010 at 6:13 AM

Bob:

Please try the following:

1.  Do not run Setup.exe.

2.  Instead, in Windows Explorer, right-click the file called Dnrd.exe and select "Run as Administrator" from the right-click menu.

-- Tony

Aug 7, 2010 at 9:23 PM

I'm using Office 2010 and that fixed the problem for me, too.  Thanks!

Aug 8, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Bob:

Thanks for letting me know.  I've filed a bug report on this issue, which has affected at least one other person.

-- Tony