Problem in adding NodeXL wpf Controls

Jun 23, 2010 at 3:58 PM
Hey .. 1>I was following the thread "" and started a new wpf project , adding mentioned 3 .dll from NodeXL folder "/TestWpfNodeXLCntrol/bin/debug".. Even after adding the dlls I am unable to see NodeXLControl in Visual Studio's Toolbox window. I tried adding this new project in solution of NodeXL(also added all the project folders, just in case :| ) as well as in a different folder out of NodeXL folder , Still no success. Please suggest me I am missing some steps or I am doing things totally wrong. 2> Kindly suggest me what steps do I have to follow if I have to just load a CSV file(containing nodes edges etc) to nodeXL API and then save generated graph on disk. I am looking for simple console application right now. Thanks a lot for the help and assistance in advance
Jun 23, 2010 at 5:16 PM
Edited Jun 23, 2010 at 6:28 PM

If the NodeXLControl is not showing in Visual Studio's Toolbox window, then do the following:

1. Right-click within the Toolbox window and select Choose Items.

2. In the Choose Toolbox Items dialog box, select the WPF Components tab.

3. Click the Browse button, then navigate to and select the Microsoft.NodeXL.Control.Wpf.dll file.

In your console application, do the following:

1. Use the SimpleGraphAdapter.LoadGraphFromFile() method to read your tab-delimited file and create a graph from its contents.  There is no support for comma-delimited files, because that would preclude having commas in vertex names.

2. Lay out the graph using one of the Layout classes, then draw the graph onto a Bitmap using the NodeXLVisual class.  There is sample code that does this in the NodeXLVisual Class topic within the NodeXLApi.chm help file.

3. Save the Bitmap to a file using the Bitmap.Save() method.

-- Tony

Jun 23, 2010 at 6:19 PM
Bingoo it worked :) .. Tony you simply gooddd. Thanks for the help ..