vertex shape options limited

Apr 27, 2010 at 6:02 PM

I am just getting up to speed with NodeXL.  A few times recently when I click on the vetex shape icon to add shapes to my vertices, there are only the 'open' shape options (only 4) showing and not the solid shape options (for a total of 9 choices).  Not sure if I am doing soemthin out-of sequence that is causing my shape choices to be truncated.  Any insight as to how I keep all 9 shape choices?  Thanks, Mary Lou

Apr 27, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Mary Lou:

If you are selecting a Shape cell in the Vertices worksheet and then clicking the down-arrow to the right of the Shape cell, then the drop-down list that appears can be scrolled.  Is there no scroll bar in the drop-down list?

Note that you can also select a shape by selecting one or more Shape cells in the Vertices worksheet, then clicking NodeXL, Visual Properties, Vertex Shape in the Excel ribbon.

-- Tony

Apr 27, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Tony, I did find the down-arrow - however, just perplexed why the Vertex Shape in the Excel ribbon only gives me 4 choices instead of nine, as described above.  This has happended few times for me but not consistently.  Just trying ot figure out why. 

thanks, Mary Lou

Apr 27, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Mary Lou:

Sorry, I misunderstood.  Are you saying that you're clicking NodeXL, Visual Properties, Vertex Shape in the Excel ribbon, and a list appears that includes only Circle, Square, Diamond, and Triangle?  No Disk, Sphere, Solid Square, Solid Diamond, Solid Triangle, Label, or Image?  If so, are there empty spaces for the missing items, or is there no trace of them whatsoever?

I'm trying to figure out how this could happen.  First I want to understand what the defective list looks like.