NodeXl Library Like Microsoft.GLEE Not OPen in WPF Application

Apr 27, 2010 at 3:42 AM

[Moved from Issue Tracker to Discussions.  -- Tony]

Please help me sir when i add the reference in a wpf application of the Libraries of NodeXl it will not successfully added in to the project reference the yellow icon is show on the DLL file ,
i add these reference...

Please help me and give me a link to add references in WPF Application succesfully ...

Mustafa Ali

Apr 27, 2010 at 3:50 AM

You are missing Microsoft.NodeXL.Core.dll.  And if you are planning to use the NodeXLControl, then you also need Microsoft.NodeXL.Control.Wpf.dll.

The others in your list may or may not be needed, depending on what your application is doing.  For example, Microsoft.NodeXL.ApplicationUtil.dll is needed only if you plan to use NodeXL's layout managers or zoom/scale control.  Microsoft.NodeXL.Adapters.dll is needed only if you are importing or exporting to various file formats.  And Microsoft.NodeXL.Algorithms.dll is needed only if you are calculating graph metrics.  This is all documented in the NodeXLApi.chm help file.

If you are using the NodeXLControl, then I recommend starting with the following list and adding to it as needed:

-- Tony

Apr 27, 2010 at 7:28 AM

Dear Sir But when i add reference of " Microsoft.NodeXL.Core.dll " in WPF Application. the reference show yellow icon and not added successfully...

please tell me how i add  above reference in WPF Application

Apr 27, 2010 at 3:54 PM

It usually means that Visual Studio can't find the referenced DLL.  Click on Microsoft.NodeXL.Core.dll in Solution Explorer, look at the Path property in the Properties window, and check whether the DLL exists in the folder indicated by the Path property.

If that doesn't solve the problem, do the following experiment:

1. Start a new WPF project from scratch.

2. Insert this line into the Window1 constructor: Microsoft.NodeXL.Core.IGraph oGraph = new Microsoft.NodeXL.Core.Graph();

3. Add a reference to Microsoft.NodeXL.Core.dll.

4. Compile.

I just tried this and it compiled successfully.

-- Tony

Apr 27, 2010 at 4:03 PM
Edited Apr 27, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Also, make sure that the unzipped NodeXL DLLs are in a regular folder on your local machine, and not on a remote machine or in an otherwise restricted location.

Another thing to try: In Windows Explorer, right click Microsoft.NodeXL.Core.dll and select Properties.  If there is an Unblock button in the properties dialog box, click the button.  This has never been necessary on any of my machines, but it's worth a try anyway.

-- Tony