"Lost" the Graph?

Apr 8, 2010 at 4:48 PM

I'm currently working in NodeXL, manipulating my data.  When going to work in another tab within the same workbook, I some how "lose" the graph.  I've tried clicking the Refresh Graph button on the ribbon, but am not able to find the graph.  Is there another way to force the display of the graph either next to or on top of the data?

Thank you again for your help, it is an amazing product!

Apr 8, 2010 at 5:03 PM

I'm not sure I understand the problem you're describing.  Is this correct?

* You have a NodeXL workbook opened.  There is graph data in the left part of the Excel window and a graph in the right part of the window.  (The right part of the window, which has a "Document Actions" title, is called the graph pane.)

* You click a different tab in the Excel ribbon, such as Home, Insert, or Page Layout, and the graph pane disappears.  (Or are you clicking another tab at the lower-left corner of the workbook, such as Vertices, Clusters, or Cluster Vertices?)

* You click NodeXL, Graph, Refresh Graph in the Excel ribbon, but the graph pane is still gone.

If my description is correct, then I've never seen this happen and I'm trying to figure out how it could happen.  Please try View, Show/Hide, Document Actions in the Excel ribbon and see if that does anything.

-- Tony

Apr 8, 2010 at 5:10 PM

You've described my situation perfectly.  Not sure how the graph pane disappears, but selecting Document Actions on the View ribbon causes the graph pane to display as I would want.  Every once in a while, excel will freeze, stop working and and I'll have to open a new instance with the recovered document.

Thanks again for your help!

Apr 8, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Have you noticed any pattern to the freezing?  For instance, does it occur after performing a certain action within NodeXL?  (I'm not sure if the freezing is related to the tab-switching you initially described, or if you are describing two separate problems.)

-- Tony

Apr 8, 2010 at 5:35 PM

I haven't noticed any consistent triggers of the random issues that I'm experiencing, but then again I'm not trying to find them either.  If I notice any consistent patterns, I'll be sure to let you know.